The fashion importer and distributor achieves fast receiving and putaway, directed picking, no lost stock, higher productivity, and a virtually error-free operation using Accellos’ WMS and business intelligence tools in its Navision ERP environment.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado – December 14, 2010 – Accellos, a leading provider of supply chain execution software solutions, has released a case study of its customer Saint-Hilaire. The case study discusses how the Montreal-based fashion importer and distributor has achieved fast receiving and putaway, directed picking, no lost stock, higher productivity, and a virtually error-free operation using Accellos’ warehouse management system, Accellos One Warehouse, and business intelligence solution, Accellos One Pulse, in its Microsoft Dynamics Navision ERP environment.
Saint-Hilaire has identified several key benefits since implementing Accellos One Warehouse and Accellos One Pulse, including:
- Receiving process for largest orders reduced from 2 weeks to 2 hours
- Introduction of directed picking, wave management and zoning
- Order preparation reduced from 3-5 days to 1 day
- Picking errors reduced from 3-4 per day to less than 1 per month
- Major reduction in back orders
- Plans to eliminate physical counts entirely due to newfound inventory precision
- Operating costs down by $40,000 per year
- Higher productivity and speed with no change in warehouse staff
- Achieved 10-15 percent sales increase through inventory optimization and timely shipping
“In acquiring a warehouse management system, we had three primary objectives,” says Saint-Hilaire Vice President-Operations Benoit Dubuc. “We needed to cut receiving time, reduce order preparation time and improve the accuracy of our inventory process, and with it, overall customer satisfaction. We have accomplished all three.”
The full case study can be read at http://blog.accellos.com/customers/saint-hilaire/.