- Multi-client inventory management
- Interface to AGNUM business software
- Server-to-server communication with key client
- EDI availability as needed
- Alerts/notification module
- Customer self-service module
- Key Performance Indicator tool
- Web order entry
- RF-directed putaway/picking
- Integration with shipping operations
- Easy implementation of new 3PL clients
- Freight forwarding operations support
Vilnius-headquartered Transimeksa has been bridging shippers and customers in the European Union to counterparts in Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and beyond over well-developed transportation corridors since the early ‘90s. Committed to further growth, management sensed new opportunities in the field of third party logistics.
Transimeksa’s 4,500 square meter facility was fine for freight forwarding, with product floor-stored and usually held for only a day or two. Transimeksa planned to move into third party logistics (3PL) operations which would call for a much larger facility and a software system that would provide the controls, efficiency and security to assure both high-level performance and profitability.
As construction got underway on a new 12,500 square meter (134,500 square feet) 3PL warehouse, Transimeksa began evaluating its 3PL software options, settling on AccellosOne WMS. The software solution couples advanced warehouse management capabilities with a third party logistics module, an alerts/reporting tool, web-based client inventory visibility and EDI integration.
In less than a year, Transimeksa had already acquired thirteen 3PL clients, among them Lithuania’s second largest supermarket chain. Business in the new enterprise was so brisk that the company is already planning for a second major warehouse. The Accellos software is used to manage both the 3PL operations and freight forwarding operations.