- Ability to manage 50 million square feet of warehouse space
- Thorough understanding of cold storage and third-party logistics
- Robust out-of-the-box functionality
- Easy implementation—6 warehouses in just 12 months
- 500 pounds per man-hour increase in just 30 days
- Accuracy rates of 99.999 percent
- Ability to give customers 24/7 online access to their data through eVista
- 15 to 20 percent reduction in customer service calls
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Capacity to support long-term business growth
- Hosted solution means no additional servers
- Seamless integration with existing warehouse management system
- Dedicated support team to address issues
- Ability to create new processes, including a three-step “putaway” process
- Direct integration with existing automated systems
- Ability to support customers that don’t provide EDI
Fifty million cubic feet of storage space, 460 employees, six strategically located warehouses and hundreds of trucks and rail cars coming and going day and night. No wonder Columbia Colstor moves 6 billion pounds of inventory every year for some of the most well-known names in the world, with an unrivaled commitment to customer service.
Ready, Set, Switch: What to Do When Your Existing Software Just Doesn’t Cut It
Back in 2006, in an effort to improve operations, Columbia Colstor installed a lack luster warehouse management software (WMS) solution. Things went well for a time, but in 2007, when industry consolidation resulted in the solution provider being acquired twice in the same year, Columbia Colstor’s operations began to suffer. To make matters worse, the parent company introduced a new warehouse management system.
From Decision to Implementation: Training is the Key
Responsible for providing technical support and championing the new software, the members of the SWAT team also play a vital role in what happens next: implementation.
Rejoice: Even Major Customer Views Accellos as the Right Choice
Once all employees felt conﬁdent using AccellosOne Enterprise 3PL, it was time to go live. The ﬁrst Columbia Colstor warehouse to do so was Colstor International Intermodal. Located in Quincy, Washington, the warehouse features 6,400,000 cubic feet of freezer space and serves one of Columbia Colstor’s largest customers by volume.
Creating a Bright Future: Hand-in-Hand, Warehouse by Warehouse
Riding high on the success of the Colstor International Intermodal conversion, the team is now working to prepare its other warehouses for AccellosOne. The ﬁrst two are scheduled for this year: Colstor Woodland in August 2013 and Colstor Kennewick in October 2013.