Borofka’s Furniture, welcome to the PROFITsystems family!
Located in Woodbury, MN Borofka’s was dissatisfied with the performance of their current Retail Management System. In their search for a partner that would understand that downtime in the real world is detrimental to their business success and provide superior customer support, Borofka’s Furniture decided to migrate to PROFITsystems‘ RETAILvantage and take advantage of our high service quality.
Borofka’s Furniture’s owner is confident that RETAILvantage will surpass their operational needs and help them grow their business. Borofka’s will be implementing RETAILvantage on the cloud and barcoding right away to gain new efficiencies and more control over their inventory.
As Amazon has built arguably the most satisfactory online consumer shopping experience, many retailers are following suite and building similar supplier programs. Since these retail models will likely fall in line with Amazon, and it would take days to break them all down individually, let’s use Amazon as an example. Anyone with any widget can begin selling on Amazon within 24 hours (http://www.amazon.com/gp/seller-account/mm-product-page.html?topic=200274800). You simply get your account set up, upload products and manage the fulfillment on your own.
A deeper dive will uncover three vendor/supplier tiers to Amazon.com:
- Tier 1 – Vendors sell inventory to Amazon, who stores and ships the items direct from their distribution facilities. These items have shown consistent selling success, are regularly available, and Amazon chooses to handle the fulfillment due to the continued product demand and trust in the vendor relationship. These products are all available for Amazon Prime, Amazon’s free two-day shipping program.
- Tier 2 – This level is for products and/or vendors that haven’t necessarily “proven” themselves yet. In this arrangement, Amazon stores the inventory at an Amazon DC, but doesn’t own the product. Essentially this is a consignment relationship where Amazon simply owns the customer service and fulfillment portions of the sale. These vendors utilize Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) which has a fee structure associated with pick and pack, weight handling, storage, and shipping activities (granted you receive Amazon’s discounted shipping rates, not your own).
- Tier 3 – New items and vendors will begin at the third tier which is most commonly referred to as “Drop Ship” or “Direct to Consumer.” Amazon will not bare the risk of investing in inventory (Tier 1) until products and vendor have proven continued sales and fulfillment success. In this case, the vendor must utilize an Amazon-branded packing slip and fulfill the orders “as-if” they came directly from Amazon. Many vendors use Amazon as a store front and drop-ship 40% of what they sell through Amazon.
Read the rest of this article »
Lundvall Enterprises Brokerage Co. purchased Prophesy Dispatch, Accellos’ Transportation Management Software Solution, to manage their growing trucking and a brokerage operation.
Lundvall Enterprises is located in Greeley, Colorado and primarily hauls pipe to oil fields and other similar locations.
Welcome aboard, Lundvall Enterprises Brokerage, Co.
As a Microsoft Certified Partner, Accellos worked closely with Microsoft’s development team to determine the best approach for building our EDI solution for Microsoft Dynamics AX. Microsoft recommended Accellos’ approach (embedded within Dynamics AX), which centers EDI management directly within Dynamics AX, enhances usability for AX users, and simplifies the technical footprint.
Accellos’ embedded approach empowers AX business users, who best understand the context of business relationships, to manage time sensitive EDI document exchanges directly within AX where the transactions are ultimately originating. Accellos’ unique approach also insulates business users from the complexity of EDI with a turnkey solution that is built around native AX functionality and workflows.
Besides the many benefits that come with this unique embedded architecture, including the ability to leverage data within AX and provide a more consistent and scalable EDI solution, embedded EDI also offers much less technical (but equally important) perks to Dynamics AX users themselves.
Read the rest of this article »
PROFITsystems will be on display at High Point Market.
High Point Market is the largest furnishings industry trade show in the world, bringing more than 75,000 people to High Point, North Carolina every six months. This is THE event for serious home furnishings buyers with over 11 million square feet of show space, thousands of new products and over 2,000 exhibitors.
That’s where we come in! PROFITsystems is an exhibitor at this phenomenal show again this fall. Our retail solutions will be on display from October 18-23 at the Plaza Suites, NAHFA Retailer Resource Center.
Stop by and see what amazing effect PROFITsystems can have on your business!
…and don’t forget to post about your visit with us on social media, using #HPMKT
Accellos, an AXUG and GPUG Premium Partner, is participating in the upcoming AXUG and GPUG Summits for the 5th consecutive year. The Summit event is growing in size each year and is widely considered to be a great event for collaborating with other Dynamics users within your industry and learning how to get more value from your Microsoft Dynamics ecosystem.
There are dozens of educational and collaborative sessions designed to help organizations implement best practices and learn from others who have conquered unique challenges within their industry. Like other Dynamics users, Accellos gains insights from attending the educational sessions and speaking with our customers and other Dynamics users about key trends within their industries. Our team enjoys the opportunity to learn more about various organizations and discuss how Accellos can help optimize their supply chain operations.
If you’re attending, here are a few ways to find us while you’re there:
- AXUG Summit: Accellos’ WMS, Supply Chain and EDI experts will be at booth 1312. If your organization is evaluating your strategy for warehouse management, EDI, or other areas of your supply chain, make sure to stop by to learn more about how we work with Microsoft Dynamics users.
- GPUG Summit: One of the leaders within the Accellos organization, Michael Gross, will be participating in the EDI solution shootout where you can hear a variety of EDI vendors present their respective solutions. This session provides a great opportunity to learn more about Accellos’ embedded EDI solution that is built exclusively for Microsoft Dynamics GP. If you’re interested in learning more, you can add this event to your schedule here: http://sched.co/1mrcKeX.
Finally, we’d like to share more about the merger of Accellos and HighJump, leading supply chain providers, and how we are delivering more value to Dynamics users with our combined, end-to-end solutions designed for manufacturers, distributors, retailers and logistics providers. Over 1,000 Microsoft Dynamics users trust Accellos solutions to help them execute in their complex and ever-evolving supply chains.
Stop by to visit with our team to learn more about our unique end-to-end supply chain suite of solutions. We hope to see you there.
AccellosOne Enterprise 3PL partner, Dovetail, wins two awards at the Logistics Achiever Awards for the successful implementation of Accellos’ 3PL solution.
Dovetail Business Solutions is an Accellos partner located in south Africa. Dovetail focuses on developing and supporting specialized, best-of-breed software solutions for the supply chain industry.
The Logistics Achiever Awards are focused on recognizing professionalism and excellence in the effective application of strategic, tactical, and operational logistics and supply chain management principles, concepts, and practices in Southern Africa as well as encouraging all companies and organizations in Southern Africa to review, evaluate and upgrade their current logistics and supply chain management practices; and finally, creating a greater awareness and understanding of the value of effective logistics and supply chain management.
…because we will!
Join the newly formed HighJump team at AXUG/GPUG 2014! Accellos, a HighJump Product, is a proud sponsor of both Microsoft Dynamics® AX and Microsoft Dynamics GP and you can find us in booth 1312. AXUG/GPUG Summit is the ultimate learning and networking event for the Microsoft Dynamics AX and GP communities.
This is a huge event for this community and it’s the only Microsoft event led by users, for users; you’ll get answers to questions and ideas ready to be implemented immediately. There are over 200 break-out sessions and discussions including an EDI Shootout – something our team is excited to be a part of!
This event is taking place October 14-17 in St. Louis and we hope to see you there!
On page 19 of this Home Furnishings Business edition, Guadalupe Pagalday, PROFITsystems’ Product Marketing Manager explains the development and purpose of RETAILvantage OnDemand by expanding on the idea that retailers needed a software option that would solve two critical business challenges; limitations of cash and technical expertise. Carolyn Crowley of Myriad Software explains the benefits of the cloud-based solution.
Read the full article here
A new helpful tool has been developed to assist small to mid-sized businesses (SMB) in evaluating warehouse management systems (WMS). It’s designed to help SMBs take into consideration functional and technical requirements and choose a provider based on the specific needs of the business. The request for proposal / information (RFP / RFI) template can be sent in excel format to help manufacturers, retailers and distributors compare and contrast warehouse management system providers.
The tool addresses:
- Adaptability of the system
- Key capability and functionality
- Technology and provider fit
- Integration to your ERP
- Complimentary technology considerations
Click below for a free ERP-tailored download: